Stop Time Test According to EN ISO 13855
In order to determine the downtime of the machine, to prevent access to the moving parts of the machines within the scope of EN ISO 13855 and to perform the position calculation and verification of the safety devices that meet the requirements of the Work Equipment Use Directive, as SZUTEST; we do it for you.
- Machine Downtime Test
- ESPE Device Position Calculation and Verification in accordance with EN ISO 13855 Standard
This test is a critical process for machine design, installation, commissioning and maintenance. It is especially important for our country that the Regulation on the Use of Work Equipment and the Machinery Safety Regulation, which make these tests mandatory, are implemented. Therefore, if you are using ESPE devices, the functionality and positioning of these devices must be formally tested and approved by an “authorised” person at regular intervals. This includes safety devices such as light barriers, laser scanners, single-beam light sensors, pressure mats and locks covered by EN ISO 13855.
In our country, the vast majority of users using devices within the scope of this standard are not aware of this requirement. End users do not have their ESPE devices officially tested and do not record their results. Accordingly, they expose their employees to possible risks.
As a best practice, the following test range is recommended for ESPE devices:
- Type 2 devices: every 12 months
- Type 4 devices: every 6 months
The assessment provides:
- Identification of each safety function associated with a suitable device in the machine or assembly,
- Physical testing of the stopping time of the machine or device in comparison with the defined safety functions,
- Position calculation of devices such as light barriers, laser scanners, single-beam light sensors in relation to danger within the scope of EN ISO 13855.
For more detailed information and application about Downtime Measurement service according to EN ISO 13855, contact our experts now!