Essence of GMP+ Certification and Its Remarkable Yields For Producers
Everyone, no matter where in the world, should have access to safe food. Thanks to the consistent focus on uniform standards within the entire production chain, GMP+ International brings global feed safety one step closer every single day.
In 1992, after various serious incidents with contaminated feed materials, the Dutch feed industry decided to establish a certification scheme for feed safety: GMP (Good Manufacturing Process). Today, over 18.000 companies in more than eighty countries are GMP+ certified.
Our leading schemes contain clear standards and requirements to guarantee safe feed (FSA) and responsible work methods (FRA) throughout the chain. In this, it doesn’t just concern production facilities, but also storage, transport, personnel and procedures. This chain approach makes the GMP+ certification scheme unique in its kind. Because of the integration of ISO standards, HACCP and other elements, the GMP+ Feed Certification scheme has – over the past decades – been able to develop into a full-fledged and widely respected certification scheme that guarantees safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
A GMP+ certificate is considered to be a license to sell in more and more countries. Affiliated organizations benefit from full support and have access to helpdesks, databases, newsletters, courses and seminars.
Everyone in the world should have access to safe food. Therefore every company in the animal feed chain should be committed to safe feed.
We deploy a certification scheme that facilitate companies to contribute to safe feed. To keep our scheme and community up to date we gather and share worldwide valuable information regarding feed safety assurance.
Frequently asked queries and wondered responses about the GMP+ standard.
1. WHAT IS GMP+?
Feed is a very important factor in quality assurance for foods of animal origin. GMP+ (Good Manufacturing Practice System) is designed to ensure feed safety at all stages of the feed chain. „Productshap Diervoeder“, an organization from the Netherlands, developed a standard for feed production in the 90s, and that standard is the basis for GMP+. GMP+ contains the principles of good manufacturing practice and the principles of the HACCP concept. Even though GMP+ was a purely Dutch system at first, the standard quickly developed on an international level.
2. WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF GMP+?
The GMP+ standard contributes to a responsible structure and proves to your customers that your Organization stands for quality, safety and responsibility. GMP+ certificates are internationally recognized and needed for standardization within the feed chain. GMP+ confirms that your organization complies with all regional and international legal regulations for the feed industry.
3. WHO CAN RECEIVE A CERTIFICATION?
The GMP+ standard was developed specifically as certification for the feed industry. GMP+ mainly outlines requirements for feed production facilities, storage, transport, staffing, procedures and documentation. If your Organization is involved in the feed chain, you can get certified according to GMP+.
4. WHAT PRODUCTS DOES GMP+ APPLY TO?
GMP+ requirements apply to compound animal feed, feed materials, additives and premixtures.
5. ARE THERE DIFFERENT TYPES OF GMP+ CERTIFICATION?
Two modules were developed as part of the GMP+ Feed Certification Scheme standard: GMP+ FSA and GMP+ FRAU: · GMP+ Feed Safety Assurance concentrates on feed safety. · GMP+ Feed Responsibility Assurance is directed at sustainable feed. GMP+ Feed Responsibility Assurance is directed at sustainable feed. SZUTEST offers certification according to GMP+ Feed Safety Assurance.
6. HOW LONG IS A GMP+ CERTIFICATION VALID?
A GMP+ certificate is valid for a maximum of three years. However, you can extend it with a recertification audit.
7. DO ALL PRODUCTION SITES HAVE TO BE GMP+ CERTIFIED?
Yes, all sites involved in the feed chain require certification. That is why we offer multisite certification.
8. WHAT IS THE GMP+ CERTIFICATION PROCEDURE?
9. WHO CARRIES OUT THE CERTIFICATION PROCEDURE?
The GMP+ certification is carried out by our Szutest experts under the accreditation of our solution partners.
GMP+ International is owner and manager of the GMP+ Feed Certification Scheme. GMP stands for Good Manufacturing Practices and the + for the integration of Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP).
Since the beginning in 1992, the first guidelines have grown into a full-fledge certification scheme that is considered a license to sell in an increasing number of countries. Partly because of the integration of ISO quality management requirements, HACCP and other elements, the scheme is acknowledged and respected across the globe. The foundation of the GMP+ systemic is formed by continuous improvement.
GMP+ Scheme Advantages
Companies with a GMP+ certificate not only contribute to safe feed, they also benefit from many other advantages. They market their organization in a positive manner and have access to all knowledge available.
A GMP+ certificate (FSA and FRA) is first and foremost a risk management tool, but that doesn’t mean that companies can’t benefit from it in other ways.
- A GMP+ certificate is considered to be a license to sell in more and more countries, meaning that being granted this certificate, involves new sales opportunities.
- A GMP+ certificate contributes to the continuity of operations; your organization becomes more efficient in design and financial risks and cost involved in mistakes are reduced.
- The focus on quality management (ISO 9001) and risk control (HACCP) provides a significant improvement in your overall quality policy.
- A GMP+ certificate shows your customers and relationships that you represent reliability and professionality. This reinforces your corporate identity. Not only because you contribute to safe feed, but also because you are part of a network of over 20,000 companies in more than 80 countries.
- A stronger chain. The more companies produce, process, store and transport in identical manners, the safer the feed produced by the chain becomes.
- You’ll gain access to a lot of knowledge and information and various certificates can be combined, both within GMP+ (FRA and FRA) and with other schemes (harmonization).